Friday, March 2, 2012

Nature Activity - Observation

From 28th Feb until 1st March, i was away to our camp @ conservation area. I was so excited bringing along all my field guide books and binocular with high expectation on a lot of findings. It is not bad to put high hope but when things ended not the way i hope, i am a bit disappointed with myself.

I only observed and identified these five species of birds and squirrels. A lot of bird species was unidentified. Two years is a big gap and i really need to get back my memories and practice more of my observation skills. Here is my observation during this visit:
a)      Exilisciurus exilis (Plain Pygmy Squirrel)
b)      Glyphotes simus (Red-bellied Sculptor Squirrel)
c)      Hemiprocne comata (Whiskered Tree-swift)
d)     Orthotomus ruficeps (Ashy Tailorbird)
e)      Stachyris erythroptera (Chestnut-winged Babbler) 


I cant get any good photos of them so here is some of the photos i get from Google search. By the way, i was enjoy observing the squirrels because they are so cute and yet very aggressive on marking their territory. 


Whiskered Treeswift
Photo Credit to Birdwatch.ph
Ashy Tailorbird
Photo credit to Google Image
Chestnut-winged Babbler
Photo Credit to Google Image
Quite an interesting one and still i am not really satisfied with this. hmmmph.... 


Till then!

2 comments:

rainfield61 said...

There are wonders in the forest.

You have picked up some of them.

More to go.

Rick (Ratty) said...

I'm glad to see you got to experience a little bit of nature again. Nature trips are always fun and exciting.