Saturday, August 7, 2010

Spider Web & Mr. Spider

As early as 6am in the morning when we enter the forest we will see them on the ground. Sometimes we just ignore their occurrence because we want to see something more interesting without realizing that they are great as well. As part of the forest resident, i may say they are quite amazing. Below i post a few shots that i took during my recent trip into the forest of Sabah. 

This web is quite thick and big on the ground. Because of the morning mist, the web covered by the mist. 

They even make a web on the small Mimosa pudica trees. 

I love this one very much because even though the water drops on the web, it still can stays there. Quite tough structure for a spider web.

Suddenly, one of them came out. Maybe he notice my presence there and feel uncomfortable. But then, i manage to get the shots of this spider. 

See, it looks very pretty. 

I left him alone and hope i didn't step on any of them while i am walking on that trail. Anyway, it was great to realize and acknowledge they are part of the nature in any forest that i visit. Till then.

3 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

I like to see spider webs, but I don't think I'm out at the right time to see very many. You really got good pictures of these.

rainfield61 said...

Your web is cool.

I seldom find the host around every time I pay them a visit.

Bornean Rose said...

Ratty--Actually most of the time i ignore them but this time they did attract my attention. Got a few nice ones.

rainfield61--Maybe they are up on the tree or in the tree hole.We never knows till we see them.