Friday, September 6, 2013

#3 ~ Conquered the Mountain

Well, it has been a while. You wanna be mad? Be mad at me. I am very lazy to write. Lazy to think and lazy of everything about blogging these past few months. Why? Because i am just being LAZY. Lol. Okay. I think this is just the old entry that i suppose to finish it up a few months back. Anyway, let me get it straight to the end of the story and skip the middle part. There is three most exciting experienced when i was up on this mountain and joining this project.
  1. Being able to learn from the experts while make a good friend with them. Well, they are nice people to be friend to. Different culture and background doesn't really matters when we have the same passion. NICE!
  2. Enjoying the amazing and superb scenery of the mountain, from different angle and view its always majestic. Animals and plants also makes me feel this is the real wonders of God creation! 
  3. Meet new friends and making many many friends during the hikes and stay up on the mountain. Its is valuable experienced because Sabahan people is soooo nice and friendly until i made many friends there. I miss them! But the not so good one, i forgot to take photo with them so i can show it to you here.
Okay. That is the conclusion of this trip on conquering the mountain. On the 17th of March, we made it to the top of the mountain before we return to the Kinabalu Park HQ. It is just one of my wish to climb up once again after my first time in September 2000. So, i made it! Enjoy my photos going up to the mountain and some works that we have done up there. Enjoy!!!!

Getting ready to climb up. I am proud that i can bring up
my own backpack. Whoa... it's heavy!
During our stay at Km 4 or Layang-Layang Hut, we met researcher from Japan, Ms. Ayako and her supervisor. She is "Kawaiii"... (^___^)
One of the wild berry that we used to eat after taking our meal.. Its sour but yet delicious.
Myself and our catch at KM2. Sunny but yet still feel the cold!
The mountain guide aka porter to carry our heavy equipment, 120kg up to KM6 or Laban Rata. 
The mesmerizing sunrise up on the Low's Peak. 17th March morning, we made it!
Missy and I up on the top of the Mount Kinabalu!!!!.... 
With Richell, the ranger of Mount Kinabalu. We collecting rubbish on our way down.
To all Climbers, this is an important announcement! PLEASE DON'T THROW RUBBISH WHILE YOU CLIMB UP MOUNT KINABALU. LET'S KEEP THE BEAUTY OF THIS MAJESTIC MOUNTAIN TOGETHER! IT'S OUR DUTY NOT JUST THE KINABALU PARK STAFF! THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION! (^__^) 
Hoooray!!!!! We made it! With the South Peak as our background!
Contractors, Apis & Guntur. Friends that i made during our stay at KM6 at Maragang Hut. 
Before i end this entry. Enjoy the bonsai like tree on the way to Mountain Torq trail. 
 Till then!!! I have more adventures to share! just be patient and keep visiting me here. Cheers!!!!!!!..... 

2 comments:

rainfield61 said...

That is fantastic.

And that is the place I keep talking to my wife.

Bornean Rose said...

@rainfield - U should come and visit the park. you will see lots of amazing plants and animals.. :)