Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Big Tree

Do you ever encounter a very big tree when you walk inside the forest? I mean a natural forest. I found many but not so big though but still they amazed me. When i went for a field work at Danum Valley, Lahad Datu, Sabah way back in 2003, that was my first time saw a big tree in that virgin rainforest. It was great to see those big tress still standing firmly on the ground.

In my village we did not have any forests left so no big native trees standing. Its all open up for agriculture, by the local communities and also by the oil palm companies. Quite frustrating but what can i do about that. Our village located in lowland areas and its really suitable for agriculture and agriculture is our way of living. But then, if we put a sustainable practice of agriculture by put aside forested areas in our village for non-timber forest products collecting, we may still have some forests left. However, it is not our practice. Our elders seems to be very productive with utilizing all the land that they have and develop it into a sago farm or paddy field. Hmmm... that is our way of life.

Okay, i left you guys with two of big trees that i found during my field work with Raleigh International November - December last year in Pitas, Sabah. This two trees are the hard word trees. They are AMAZING right??

I love this trees... Let's HUGS A TREE!!!!

7 comments:

Frouline Aging said...

pokok apa ni cewek?

HRK said...

A nice topic you covered Rose!!! I too like Rain Forests with the tall trees !!! In our State Assam , India , still some portion of Rain Forest is left out !!!

Bornean Rose said...

@Frouline: Pokok Selangan batu padah sidak kawan ku... aku sik sure menar ka sik lah...

@HRK: Thanks for your compliment bro. I hope i keep on posting about nature and do support me.. :-).. Cheers!

darkart said...

awesome pics ;)
I live in the area with plenty of trees, so I got used to them, but we should all respect them and be aware of the fact that they are extremely important in our lives.

Linda said...

How beautiful, Rose!

Vuhelp said...

Very Nice Blogger......

Mira_Othman said...

Finally!Found someone who have the same interest with me!I Love all the photos,i mean natures .. It was so COOL!Thumbs up for u! =D