Here a little bit of background, goals and priority areas for this programme:-
The ASEAN region boasts strong skills and potential in science and technology and seeks to leverage these capacities to increase regional competitiveness, foster innovation and entrepreneurship, improve resource management, and enhance the lives of its citizens. Currently, few non-governmental scientists are consulted by ASEAN Member State (AMS) governments on policy decisions, and these scientists generally have a limited understanding of the government decision-making processes and how to effectively engage. ASEAN has a role to play in fostering and institutionalizing a culture of science-based policy making throughout the region, and the Fellowship seeks to provide opportunities for policy-makers and scientists alike to learn from one another.
The goals of the ongoing ASEAN-U.S. Science and Technology Fellowship are the following:
- Advance regional cooperation on ASEAN strategic priorities;
- Strengthen science-based policymaking throughout targeted national government ministries and/or bodies; and
- Empower and build the capacity of scientists in ASEAN to take a more prominent role in their respective country’s efforts to integrate into the ASEAN Community.
- Sustainable Energy – Supporting development of strategies or policies to help national governments accelerate using efficient, environmentally friendly, and clean energy; addressing political and other barriers to help ASEAN achieve its goals of significantly increasing use of renewable energy.
- Climate Change and Climate Variability – Supporting development of national climate change strategies, policies or action plans; supporting government efforts to mitigate the impacts of climate change on cities, communities, and ecosystems.
- Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) Policy – Supporting the development of strategies, policies or frameworks to accelerate scientific activity or technology transfer; address intellectual property rights; foster collaboration between science and industry; catalyze STI investments, and promote entrepreneurship. (Note: Scientists with industry experience are especially encouraged to apply under this theme.)
As for myself, once again i am not qualified to apply for this programme because the minimum academic qualification is Master Degree. I don't have that so i pass this again. All the BEST!
Hoping for Other Opportunity,