Saturday, March 28, 2009

Blue-crowned Hanging Parrot (Loriculus galgulus)


This is a photo that i take from one of the Murut's house during my visit in February. They keep a pair of this parrots at their house and this birds looks not very healthy.
Actually, i am not into rearing wild pets these days because i am prefer seeing them fly freely on the air. But, this habit of local people is still difficult to overcome. Anyway, i am not blaming them because they already used to it and maybe there is no awareness program from government department or NGOs reach this village yet.
I admit that this bird is really pretty with their small size. All parrots are pretty. For more info about this little bird, visit this site: AvianWeb.

1 comment:

Rick (Ratty) said...

It is a beautiful bird. I don't know if it's the same thing, but a lot of people here have parrots as pets. I'd rather see birds flying free too. It's more exciting when I see them that way.