Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sabah Research Field Centre

I was busy preparing one of my working paper on establishments of the research and education centre in our area. While doing my writing i surf the net. Trying to look for an idea. I found quite interesting development of research field centre all around the world. To fit into local needs i may try to combine some of it. Facilities may not too expenssive but still can cater needs of visitors and this place as a rainforest learning hub.

Okay, too much talking. Actually i want to share a few of my findings. Here is the link to a few numbers of field centres.

This centre is a collaborative research and training facility managed by Cardiff University and Sabah Widlife Department.

Danum Valley Conservation Area (DVCA) is a Class I (Protection) Forest Researve located on the western side of the upper reaches of the Segama River in Southeast Sabah, and is the largest remaining area of undisturbed lowland dipterocarp forest in Sabah.

Maliau Basin Conservation Area is situated just above the Equator in south central Sabah, the northernmost of the two East Malaysian states on the island of Borneo.

Imbak Canyon Conservation Area is located almost right in the heart of Sabah, just north of the famous Maliau Basin. It is in the Yayasan Sabah Forest Management Area, approximately 80 kilometers south of Telupid.

**I think enough for this four for now. There are still a lot more. I am so grateful because we still have this much of forested areas. However, the battle is still going on for the indigenous people and life inside these forests.

1 comment:

Rick (Ratty) said...

This is another very good post because of your valuable links. I try to post links that have information on different plants and animals, but I don't know if anybody looks at them. I want other people to learn with me, but I sometimes think maybe they only look at the pictures I post. I followed all of your links. Maybe they will be useful to me someday. :)