Monday, November 24, 2008

The Palm Beach

This is the Palm Beach at Sematan, Kuching. As usual when it is the first time, i will enjoy it so much. Kind of interesting because it's almost a few years i didn't swim at the beach. Wow! Now i realize that i was always in the jungle and enjoying nature there. I went to Bintulu beach (Tjg. Batu, Similajau, Bintulu Promenade) but never enter the water because it was too risky. There was a few cases of drawn at Tjg. Batu so i don't want to take that risk. By the way, i really like this beach. Just ignore my presence in that photo and you can see how beautiful the sea is. There are two island behind and it is for turtle conservation so it is not recreational island.

I was so stunned by this beautiful beach so i forgot to take more photos and i just swim and swim and swim. Playing around with the strong waves. There were a few friends of my friend trying to surf here and they did it very well because the waves is huge and strong that day. I am not sure if i still have a chance to go to this beautiful beach again but maybe some other beach after this. As always, travel and adventure will never ends....

4 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

It's better with you in the photo, because it shows how much fun you were having.:)

I like the beach, but I'm not a very good swimmer. So I don't go very often. I mostly sit and watch the water.

Bornean Rose said...

Hahaha..okay Ratty. Thanks for that but i still like to see the beach without me in it (just kidding).

Why is that you don't want to swim? Just don't go very far because the waves current sometimes very strong and can bring you further from the beach. As long as you remain closer to the beach, i think should be fine. I like swimming..:)

Rick (Ratty) said...

I like swimming, but I am not very good at it. I don't understand how to float very good. I stay out of the water sometimes so other people don't have to watch so nothing bad happens to me. That gives them time for more fun, and I like watching sometimes.:)

Bornean Rose said...

Ratty, it is just the matter of practice. I swim since i was young because i have to. Have no choice because we live near the river and i have to paddle to get to my primary school. By the way, observing and watching people having fun at the beach sometime quite interesting. Some will so brave and some will be so scared to enter the water....don't worry you still have time to enjoy adventure..:D