Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Giant Millipede

When we reach flattened area, we walk through to get to the main stream where the waterfall peak was located. As we walk I was amazed by the black giant size of millipede crossing our trail. It is so sensitive to our movements when it is trying to hide its head when we passed by. As you can see in these photos, it looks like dead.

I remember last month when I went to the village for Cultural Meets, we went to jungle trekking and we found this type of millipede too but a little bit larger than these two.


I think this is the largest millipedes that I ever found in the forest. I am sorry that i can't tell much about this animal but please visit this link to read more about Millipede.

2 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

Good post about the millipede. I like to read about your own experience with this creature than the technical information in another link. I write mine the same way most of the time.

Bornean Rose said...

Actually i am trying to write my own experience but i am a bit frustrated when i can't describe what i have been through in English. So, i read through your writings and tried to use the same approcah like yours. Thanks to you. :D