Friday, November 21, 2008

What Is In My Mind?

This is the wild animal called Small-toothed Palm Civet (Arctogalidia trivirgata) and it was kept by local people for about two years. The story behind of this little creature kept by local people as a pets is that, it was a juvenile when they found it on the tree that they cut for log and it's mum was dead. So, they bring it home and kept is as a pets. Wild animal as a pets? Hmmm...i prefer to see them in the forest even though it is very difficult to observed them but it was an interesting things to do. Trying to understand their life likes in the forest, in their own home territory, habitat. When we understand more how this animals funtcion in the ecosystem then we will know how to appreciate their existence in the forest. Hmm..what am i mumbling here? I think better to let them in their own space of life.

Domestic animals....cats. I think this is Persian cat, that sold in the market. I am not really bother about domestic animals because they are meant to be pets so we can keep them at home. But, have to take a good care of them. Giving foods, shelter and make sure their are in a good health. They are our responsibility if we decide to have one of them.

See this little dog face? He really want to come out from this cage and asking for an owner. Anybody? Please buy me and give me home. Hmmm...soon it will be.

5 comments:

hacker2 said...

Enjoyed the article on the palm cavit. It is always nice to read about people in other parts of the world, their cultures and their animals. Your world is so very different than mine in Texas. I look forward to reading your future blogs.

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I never knew about a palm civit and am wondering why people keep them for just 2 years. It doesn't seem to be wild and is just sitting there. You have an interesting blog about a place I don't know very much about. Where you live is beautiful!

Bornean Rose said...

Thanks Hacker2 for enjoyed reading my post. I am glad that you find that those animals are interesting. Thanks for leaving comments too and it did encourage me to write more.

Hi Joyce. Actually, that palm civet is already kept about two years by the owner when i meet them up. I am glad that i can share something new about my place to you here. Thanks so much for visiting!

Rick (Ratty) said...

I see stories on the news sometimes about wild animals that are kept as pets. Sometimes the animal attacks it's owner, because it doesn't know how to be a pet. People sometimes forget that even if they get it when it's a baby, it is different than a cat or a dog.

Bornean Rose said...

Yes it is true especially for big animals like sun bear, wild cats because they are not aware of these animals claws. They like to play around like cats and dogs but these wild animals didn't notice that the way they play is dangerous to us. They are wild animals and they will still act like wild even though they are tame. I think so..:)