Monday, January 5, 2009

Curiosity of the Young

I saw a dragonfly in our house one night and i show it to my nephews and nieces. This two little boys seems to be interested with my explanation. I think this dragonfly is the nocturnal species where it is only occur at night because i still remember one of the entomologist told me about nocturnal species of dragonfly. However, I am not sure which species is this one.

The elder brother looks happy (photo above) when he can hold this creature in his hand but his little brother seems to be thinking what this animal could be and maybe think what else he can do to this animal. He looks very curious.

I took a close up photo of this dragonfly and hoping that this can be used for identification.

Anyone can help me?

2 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

I don't know what kind of dragonfly it is, but I see two kids who looked like they were having a lot of fun.

Bornean Rose said...

Ratty...i am not sure which species is that dragonfly too. Yes, these two kids looks interested and i ask them to released it before they thinking of doing something else to that little creature...