Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Once Upon A Time

I want to share a little bit story of my childhood since i found quite a few of my old time photos. It may look funny and maybe ashamed but sharing just for remembrance and remind myself of why i fell in love with animals. I used to have dogs and cats as a pets but it is fine. Dogs and cats are domestic animals so not a big deal to have them as our pets. But, i am more interested to have wild animals as my pets but it is not easy to have them. I have to look for a young birds or young civets from the wild to raise. I like to play with my pets or my sister pets. The photo above shows that i have fun with my sister's dog.

After a long day playing with this little kitten, we both feel sleepy and we take a nap. Actually this kitten was borrowed from my neighbor's granddaughter and late afternoon i will sent it back to her. Heheheh...i dare to borrow a cat since i don't have one. My mum not allowed me to have cat because i got an asthma when i was a little kids because of cat's fur.

Yeah..at last i got wild bird to be my beloved pets. This is the Imperial Pigeon and i take it from our rambutan tree in our orchard. It was a young bird with only a few full developed flight feather when i took him. I named him Fantagiro because at that time i am not sure whether this bird was she or he. But then my sister gave it another name, Zorro and we called him Zorro after that. I can put him on my hand but i will always got scar on my hand because of it's sharp nails.

Usually when it was going to rain, he really want to have a shower and i will give him a shower. See how he enjoying his sun bath too...ops..noo...he is drying his feather after having his shower. Zorro died after eight years with me. I am not sure why but maybe because it is old. I don't know how long it's life span but for me to keep him for eight years was so great. I have beautiful memories when i kept him and i always want to set him free but i know he will not survived alone in the forest. He is not fit enough because he is not trained to look for his own food. That is why i will not keep wild animals as my pets anymore. I rather set them free and observed them in the wild.

3 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

This is a very, very good story. Your writing is great. I have had very many pets in my life too. Mostly dogs, and some cats. I had a pet goat and then a pet pig once each, but no wild animals.

I really like your new blog template! It's one of the best I've ever seen. I'm getting ready to change mine too. I'm making it myself. I hope it looks almost as good as yours when I'm done.:)

Anonymous said...

rose, kalau i pegi tempat u, bawalah i jalan-jalan kat hutan area sana.. mesti seronok kan :)

Bornean Rose said...

Ratty -- Thanks so much because you like this post. Actually, i am not quite sure about writing this post but then i am in refresh all the past memories so here it goes. I have quite a few wild animals as my pets but i will not do it again, for now i prefer they are free in the forest. Good that you also have pig as your pets! Never thought of having a pig as my pets.

Again thanks for like my blog layouts. I don't like the previous template so i just searching around on the web looking for the one that i want and i found this. I don't know how to create my own templates because i don't know how to read css or anything about the code so i just use ready made tempplate from BloggerBuster.com. Can't wait for your new blog template too.

aD -- kalau nak datang sini just inform rose ok..nanti rose bawak aD jalan2. next month rose dah kat Sabah, mana tau rose boleh bawak aD jalan2 kat Sabah jugak..:D