Sunday, April 11, 2010

April - It was a silence start!

Wow..i didn't notice that i wasn't write anything for this month yet. Sorry for that friends. I am tied with some tasks for the last two weeks. Lots of things that make me can't think properly and my creativity to jot down something in this blog also disappeared for a while.

Still can't think of something interesting to share yet. But i think i may use the space to share some great photos that i took sometime ago. Let me check my pictures file first.


Perhaps i didn't share the story of my green friend yet with you guys here. Let me tell you a little bit about him. If you walking in Sabah/Sarawak (Borneo) forests you may coincidently met this guy. It is quite easy to find. This one i saw resting on the rocks not far from our field station. Stay there calmly but then when it started to realize my present and i keep moving closer to him to take the best shot of him, he started to be curious. This second picture shows the crested neck because when it feels threaten it will change it's colour to brown or show off this crested neck. Usually the one with crested neck is male.


See. He already show off it's crested neck. Okay. Let me introduce this little friend to you guys.

Family : Agamidae
Species Name : Bronchocela cristatella
English Name : Green Crested Lizard
Size (snout to vent) : 13 cm
Size (total length) : 57 cm
Distribution : Occurs throughout West Malaysia, and on the island of Borneo. In Singapore its range is in decline, possibly due to competition from the Changeable Lizard, Calotes versicolor.

Alright, that is a little bit info about him. He is pretty isn't he? Interesting reptiles. Till then.....

4 comments:

Monyet King said...

lovely shots

Rick (Ratty) said...

This is a very good post. I like the pictures of the lizard. This lizard is something that can't be found where I live, so it is very interesting to me. And I like that you mention things about yourself in your posts. It makes the post better to read. I do this same thing in my posts. I think this is why I like reading your posts, even if you sometimes don't have one for awhile.

rainfield61 said...

It is good to listen to old friends, I mean, both you and the little critter.

Bornean Rose said...

Dr. Bala -- Thanks. A spontaneous capture because he is so fast.

Ratty -- Thanks to you too. I want to try to write something like yours and Rainfield61 but i am not good in creating good stories. I am science person and my way of thinking is so straight and based on facts. So, i wrote based on real facts about animals and plants too. But, since i am not working with animals and plants anymore, so i have to move on and telling stories about wildlife and nature. You and Rainfield61 inspire me to write more. :-)

rainfield61 -- It was good to be back on blogosphere again. Once and a while i am lost but then i found my way back to blog more. Thanks for your support.